Mentoring session are an opportunity to dig deep, get all your images and ideas out on the (virtual) table, and synthesize, brainstorm, and learn all about the "inside baseball" of the arts world. I pull from twenty years in the field as a curator, photographer, gallerist, portfolio reviewer, educator, and juror. If you're confused about the photography world and unsure how to refine your work or get it out there, I can share what I've learned and help you navigate it all with more confidence.
I work with photographers who are just starting out on their creative journey and photographers who are striving to reinvigorate their practice and open space for new projects and working methods. If you're preparing an exhibition, developing a portfolio, building a website, starting a commercial business, entering competitions, publishing, or envisioning a healthy, nourishing creative future for yourself, I'd love to help you manifest your vision.
I also offer advice and practical support for new online educators. If you're considering creating an online class, I can teach you how to do it. We can talk about platform choice, content delivery options, multimedia, website integration, syllabus planning, and overall course design. I have a long history of helping teachers develop stronger classes. I'll distill everything I've learned from directing the educational programming at a photography school and creating my own highly-rated online classes.
Mentoring sessions are flexible and designed to best support each student's individual needs. Sessions are $200/hour or $925 for a five-hour package. Meetings are held via Skype (for students outside the U.S.) or telephone. Contact me for an initial chat to discuss your artistic hopes and goals.
WE CAN WORK TO:
- begin a brave, big, fabulous new project
- prepare an exhibition or publication
(image choices, printing, framing, installation, sequencing)
- edit your work into a stronger portfolio
- write a powerful artist statement
- address weaknesses and highlight strengths in your images
- make your work more cohesive and less "all over the place"
- better align your work with your passions and personality
- tackle technical challenges that hold you back
- strategize a new creative business
- conceptualize and organize a website
- understand different models in the photobook publishing world
- create an artistic plan for future growth
- develop your intuition for editing
- break through blocks that hold you back
- get you inspired, jazzed, moving!