By registering for any free download or purchasing an e-course, membership, or product from me, provided via Light Atlas Creative, you agree to the following Terms & Conditions:
- You acknowledge that your registration or purchase is transferrable to another session of the same class, but is not refundable. Because you'll get access to the class and all the class resources (and because you'll get to keep your access for a full year), your registration isn't transferrable to a different class. Membership subscriptions may be cancelled at any time.
- If you purchase a mentoring service from me, you acknowledge that your purchase is transferrable to any e-course, membership, or product, but is not refundable.
- You confirm that you are purchasing a single license for each e-course, membership, or product, and that your purchase is for your individual use only.
- You acknowledge that any e-courses, memberships, or products will be run online via password-protected classrooms and that it is your responsibility to ensure that you have a sufficiently capable internet connection to view class content including videos.
- You give permission for your email address to be added to the Light Atlas Creative mailing list. You can unsubscribe at any time, but if you do unsubscribe you acknowledge that you may not receive all class-related information (as this will be sent to you via email).
- You acknowledge that I reserve the right to delete any inappropriate comments in the classroom or any of the class-related community spaces, in order to provide and maintain a supportive classroom environment.
- You acknowledge that this website contains intellectual property owned by Laura Valenti, including copyrights, trademarks, and proprietary information. I reserve all rights to my intellectual property. You may not publish, create derivative works from, or in any way exploit any of the content on this website, in whole or in part, without my prior, express written agreement.
- You acknowledge that I reserve the right to refuse or cancel any registration or purchase, for any reason.
- To the full extent permitted by law you agree that under no circumstances will I be liable (i) for any indirect, special, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages or any other damages arising in any way out of the use, reliance on, or inability to use this website or its products; or (ii) for any claim attributable to errors, omissions, or other inaccuracies in this website or its products. In no event shall my cumulative liability to you exceed the total purchase price of the products you have purchased.
- You acknowledge that these Terms and Conditions may be updated or amended at any time.
Information I Collect
To fulfill your purchase, you must provide me with certain information, such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the e-course or product you’re purchasing. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information if you contact me directly.
Like most website operators, I also collect non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. My purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how visitors use this website.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I legally collect, use, and share your information in these instances:
- As needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfill your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support
- When you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list
- If necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases as required by tax law.
- As necessary for the purpose of my legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests. I use your information to provide the services you requested and in my legitimate interest improve my services with the information.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my business, such as processing your payments (PayPal, Stripe, or Squarespace), hosting you in my online classroom (powered by Ruzuku), and fulfilling your subscription to my email newsletter (via ConvertKit). I will only share your personal information with these third parties to the extent necessary to perform services related to purchases you have made. These trusted third parties agree to keep this information confidential.
Compliance with Laws
I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
I reside in the US and if you sign up for my mailing list, your information is stored with my email service provider, ConvertKit. ConvertKit is GDPR compliant as described in their privacy statement.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. These rights are as follows:
You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
Change, Restrict, Delete
You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request. For example, you may unsubscribe from my email newsletter list.
You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of data protection laws, I, Laura Valenti, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.